xkit-extension

xkit-extension:

Well, things did not go well today, so it was not a very happy saturday for me.

To recap things in case you’ve missed:

  1. I moved things to HTTPS to make sure XKit works on Chrome betas (and future versions of it).
  2. Since there are things that XKit accesses that have no HTTPS counterpart, I’ve decided to use a “proxy” that converts HTTP pages to HTTPS. My web hosting provider,
xkit-extension

XKit + Chrome errors

xkit-extension:

This morning, I had to switch XKit servers to HTTPS because the latest beta versions of Chrome was blocking HTTP requests on HTTPS pages (ie: Tumblr)

And now, it appears that the HTTPS servers are down. I’m trying to move the files to a new server and I’ll be releasing a new version of XKit for Chrome (Firefox users are not affected by this) as soon as it’s possible.

I’m terribly sorry about this. In the meanwhile, please do not reset XKit, as it won’t be able to re-install itself after a reset.